Genealogy Software Springboard
for reviews of all of the Genealogy Programs. The reviews are from users not by
the Software Companies. This site gives you both the Pro's and Con's on each
program. This site is a Must Visit before buying any Genealogy Software.
|Coming Soon, Our own Reviews for the software we've tried
and used! If you have Genealogy Software you would like us to review
please visit this page for info.
Windows Genealogy Programs
Tree Maker - This is the program that I use. Great
program that is very easy to use. Altho I kinda think of it as "Trickleware"
, they always have an update for $20.00 a pop, once or twice a year. It adds
up to quite a bundle you've got invested in a software program over a span
of 5 years ($180-$240). Don't get me wrong, it's a great program, I like it,
I use it. I just think that you should get free updates for the first year
of ownership at least. Sorry, just my two
- MatterWare On The Web
- Brother's Keeper genealogy software
- Nickleware Home of Parents Genealogy Software for Windows
- Family Origins Genealogy Software
- SierraHome Software - Catalog-
- Ancestral Quest 3.0
- Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software Index
Version 3 is Free
- The complete genealogy or family tree project manager software for Windows; The Master Genealogist (TMG) from Wholly Genes Software
Ancestral File� 5.0 - English
- Welcome to Family Forest
Macintosh Genealogy Programs
- Heritage Genealogy Software
- Gene Macintosh Genealogy Software
- Reunion Home Page
Gedcom to HTML Programs
- Misbach.org - GED Browser
- Eugene W. Starks GEDCOM to HTML Translator.
- GED2WWW - GED2WWW
is a free GEDCOM to HTML converter.
- Gedpage - Gedpage,
the premiere gedcom to html webpage builder, has been used to create
hundreds of web pages from all corners of the globe. The output is formatted
as Family Group Sheets which are very familiar to genealogists. Gedpage is
very easy to use, and has many options to give your pages a custom look. It
is currently available for Windows, and Macintosh.
- uFTi - uFTi is a
widely used tool to create a comprehensive web site from your existing
- HTMLGenie - HTMLGenie
is a web publishing tool that takes a prepared GEDCOM file and allows the
user to create instant HTML files.
- webGED: Progenitor
- webGED: Progenitor is a program that accepts a standard "GEDCOM"
genealogy file as input and produces the complete set of files for a
self-contained WWW site.
- JavaGED - A
brand new way to display your ancestry on the web so that other online
genealogists can see what you've discovered about your family tree.
- Sparrowhawk 1.0
Page Updated: 25 February, 2001